Tuesday, June 05, 2007

2 Down 2 2 Go

Bit of the old "week from hell"syndrome at work this week with a ton of customer meetings plus a number of other challenges besides. I came to the conclusion long ago that one of the wrong paths in personal, organizational or national thinking is the idea that "it ought to be easier", or "it used to be easier", or "this is too hard, somebody else must be at fault". So it's a hard week with all-day meetings, customer dinners / schmoozing in the evening, and a hard time even getting a short workout in.

It could be a lot worse ... for example a guy that I know that is recovering from stage 4 throat cancer showed up at the customer meeting late this PM for the first time I've seen him at work in at least 3 months. That whole ordeal sounds just a "bit tougher" than anything I've got to complain about, and he looked VERY happy to be back in the saddle for at least a couple of hours. NOBODY ever promised us "it ought to be easy"!

So I need to get back into a whole bunch of stuff that I'm behind on, but I'm sitting out on the deck with the firepit really enjoying the beautiful evening while I mostly work, but waste a little time on the Blog as well.

I shot a few pictures. The first one is looking back at the deck where the steps go to the upstairs kitchen.

The next is just to the left of that view showing the stairs down away from the firepit and a view of the back yard.


The third shows an angle yet further to my left looking to the NW toward our property line


There are much worse places to sit with a laptop and get some charts ready for a meeting in the AM and handle the small drift of e-mail that piled up today. Just 8am-6 meetings tomorrow followed by 8-9PM combination meetings on Thursday and it will be "basically over" for the summer session!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:34 PM

    Bill the firepit looks great...I had not imagined "hardscape" implementation...rather Weber like "pit" or perhaps an old tractor rim....very nice....

    ReplyDelete