Sunday, January 01, 2006

Sleds

Playing around withe the Canon Powershot S2 1S taking pictures of my new sled and a buddies sled that is stored at my house as well. Realized that I had the camera set to 640x480, but those should be good sizes to post on the Web at least. Here is my Polaris Fusion 600 HO.

Here is the Yamaha Apex

Here are the two of them together:

My riding impressions from driving around my rather large back yard and some adjoining land. The Polaris sits higher, seems lighter (it is, close to 100lbs), wants to lift the nose under power, easier to manuever, smoother, quieter, adjustable steering position going to nice for dealing wiht rider fatigue during the day.

The Yamaha has more "attitude" and more of the "reeks of quality sportscar". All electric start, nice reverse except for dorky beeper, seems lower and more stable, it is heavier, but the weight is right. Yamaha harder to drive because the extreme torque/power make it shoot ahead, and the back pressure seems like the brakes are on ... however, in some configurations which I don't really have figured out yet, it free-wheels and has ZERO backpressure, so one needs to be on top of that as well.

In general, sort of like picking between fine chocolates, both are going to be fun, and looking forward to heading to the Keweenaw Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment