Sunday, May 25, 2008

A Little Luck

I got a Gander Mountain "Scratch Off" offer in the mail that said you needed to go into the store to have it scratched off to be valid, and only after you scratched it off would you know how much you would save. Sort of a cute little idea to get folks into the store, but it let you believe that not very many would have the "30% off maximum" since they used their little device to lure you into the store.

I have no idea what % they did of 30%, but I was lucky and have been looking to get a gun safe for quite a while, so I'm now the proud owner of a "Franklin Series 35 cubic foot" that is rated for an hour at 1200. It is going in a corner of the basement, so I'm thinking that should be more than sufficient, "just in case". I'm also planning on running a LAN cable into it and putting my main backup disk server in there so that family pictures, iTunes and digital records will be pretty secure.

The piano moves are contacted, so hopefully it will be moving from the store into the house next week and I will likely throw some pictures out here somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment