Saturday, December 23, 2017

The Christmas Gift Of Napalm

The Salvation of ‘Napalm Girl’ - WSJ:




I grew up in a Christian home and was surrounded by Christian relatives as well as living in a US that was still largely Christian even though the decline away from God was well underway in the 1960's.

Today I spend a lot of time with people that have either never known Christ or have fallen so far away that they no longer hear that still small voice.

Christian people assume things like "do unto others", "love your enemies", "honor your father and mother", "judge not", etc as being normal human behavior. They are decidedly not! Human nature is "me, me, me", "I have negative feelings around you, therefore YOU must be bad", "I'm OFFENDED!" ... or as Paul puts in Ephesians 2:1-3, which happened to be in my Bible reading this AM.

1 As for you, you were dead in your trespasses and sins, 2 in which you used to walk when you conformed to the ways of this world and of the ruler of the power of the air, the spirit who is now at work in the sons of disobedience. 3 We all lived among them at one time in the cravings of our flesh, indulging its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature children of wrath.
Those who reject Christ often assume that "they do what they want". The Bible tells us that what they do is act in accordance of the wishes of "the ruler of the power of the air" -- Satan. They are "by nature, children of wrath".

The linked article is by the now grown, little naked Vietnamese girl pictured running away from napalm ... which happened to be used by South Vietnamese forces rather than American in this case. It really makes no difference -- For as Romans 8:28 tells us

"And we knowthat God works all things together for the good of those who love Him, who are called according toHis purpose."
Do we have a clue as to HOW God uses ALL THINGS according to his purpose? No, we believe because Proverbs 9:10 tells us that "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom!" Even being napalmed can be a gift for eternal good if it leads to eternity with the savior.

We now live in the non-Chrisitan state of BOistan, so this Christmas you will likely interact with many who no longer serve Christ. Christian doctrine says that man is created to serve, so we do end up serving someone. I'll leave it up to that theologian? Bob Dillon to give his view on that ...




 No matter how angry, disrespectful, "triggered", etc those not serving Christ may be, it is certainly the season to especially show them all the love that we can muster with the help of God. Perhaps a little reflection on the thoughts of Kim Phuc will help that journey ... Merry Christmas!

"My faith in Jesus Christ is what has enabled me to forgive those who had wronged me—no matter how severe those wrongs were. Faith also inspired me to pray for my enemies rather than curse them. It enabled me not only to tolerate those who had wronged me but to love them. No matter what type of pain or sorrow you may be experiencing, as Christmas approaches, I encourage you not to give up. Hold fast to hope. It is hope that will see you through. This peace I have found can be yours as well. I pray that it finds you this Christmas. "
'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment