Monday, January 30, 2017

Our Burning Tribal State

http://ace.mu.nu/archives/368084.php

I understand the sentiment expressed in this column very well. It opens with:

There's a frustrating game that the left plays with conservatives. It's an Alinksy tactic called, "Make them live up to their values." Now, living up to one's values isn't a bad thing, but setting high standards ultimately means that you'll sometimes fall short. 
The left loves to exploit these shortcomings--every Christian who falls short of perfection is a hypocrite; the social values candidate you voted for just got arrested for drunk driving. Haha, everything you believe and advocate is now discredited.

I've read Alinsky, the first community organizer and subject of Hillary's senior thesis. I've even written a blog with very similar sentiment.

What I tried to do at the end of my blog was indicate what was needed to "all get along" ... "shared values, Constituion, figuring out what we are "FOR" rather than just what we are against.

At that time, I would have never believed that Trump would be elected -- and now that he has been, the left is responding exactly has I would have predicted. We are definitely a tribal state and what tribes do is make war -- which is what Western civilization was created to rise above and did.

We rejected that -- so now we fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment